Gallery: Please visit the gallery to view images in full size. From the gallery, you will be able to add the images to the shopping cart and checkout. YouTube: I have a YouTube Channel (Hari PHL) where I post videos once a week. Please subscribe to my channel and share my videos. I appreciate your support. Thank you for visiting my site.
In order to travel out of the United States of America and enter the borders of any other country you will need a passport with an up to date photograph. The photo will need to be a clear portrait of yourself that meets all the requirements of the US State Department.
When you apply for a passport you will need to submit a clear photograph of yourself with your application form. The US State Department has certain regulations that must be complied with when you submit your passport photo.
Size, Resolution and Quality of the Image.
Please visit the U.S. Department of State website for the current requirements for the passport photo.
- The passport photo should be a picture of 51x51mm (2x2inches) with the face being central in the picture. The face, from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head should be at least 25-35mm (1-1 ⅜ inches).
- The photo should be printed on glossy or matte photo quality paper.
- The photo cannot be digitally modified or photo-shopped in any way.
- The photo must not be damaged when you submit it.
Your Expression and Pose.
- You must face the camera directly with a neutral facial expression (no smiling!).
- Some leniency is given for passport photos of infants due to the difficulty of ensuring that they maintain a neutral expression.
Clothing and Attire.
- You must remove glasses for the photo. If you cannot remove your glasses for medical reasons you will need to include a note from your doctor with your application explaining why that is the case.
- Wear regular everyday clothes for the photograph. You cannot wear a uniform in your photo or clothing that looks like a uniform.
- You cannot wear a hat or head covering for the passport photo.
Best Apps to help you take the perfect passport photo.
Passport ID Photo Maker Studio: This app will take a passport photo that is suitable for all forms of identification. The app has a useful cropping feature and has a smooth user friendly interface. Available for the iPhone on the App Store this is one of the most popular passport photo apps that has been downloaded an incredible 5 million times to date. The app is free to download but you will need to pay to have the watermark removed to use the photos for ID purposes.
Passport Photo Booth: This app is available for both iOS and Android. The app allows you to order the photos and have them delivered to your door however if you prefer you can have them printed at your local photo printing store. Passport Photo Booth is free to download and apart from the fee for photos there are no other in-app upgrades available which means no hidden costs. You can also email or share the photos for free.
Photid-AI Passport Photo Booth: Available for iOS and Android, this app is free to download and uses state of the art facial recognition and AI technology to help identify your facial features to take the perfect shot. The app allows you to choose the correct size of photo to meet the requirements of your country’s passport regulations and allows you to remove the background of the image to replace it with a white/cream white background. This versatile and easy to use app is a favorite for people needing passport photos.
Passport Photo Near Me.
There are many places in the US where you can get a passport photo without using an app. You can get a passport photo taken in any branch of America’s largest pharmacy chains, including Walgreens, CVS and Rite Aid. These 3 pharmacies have nearly 20,000 store locations across the country so you should have no difficulties finding one near you.
The US government has passport agencies in many American cities including Philadelphia. There will be many shops near these agencies where you will be able to take passport photos (in some cases there are mobile photo labs near these locations).
Alternatively you can get a correct passport photo taken in a FedEx or UPS Store, both of which have branches in all major towns and cities.
Your Passport Photo will Open New Doors in Your Life.
Getting a passport photo can be the beginning of a huge adventure if you are planning to travel. Also, there are many situations in which you need accredited identification in which case a passport photo is essential.
With helpful apps and plenty of locations where you can quickly and easily get your photo taken it’s more convenient than ever to get your passport photo arranged.
Have you used an app to take a passport photo?