Gallery: Please visit the gallery to view the images in this article in full size. From the gallery, you will be able to add the images to the shopping cart and checkout. I appreciate your support and thank you for visiting my site.
No matter if you’re a frequent flyer who is always on the move or if you take an occasional trip with your family, vacations are a precious time in your life and the memories you make while you are travelling last forever.
When you’re travelling and in new places it can be a bit confusing as you get your bearings and find your way around, juggling maps, itineraries and foreign languages! This can leave you little time to take some really great photographs of those special moments and often the photos you take don’t look so great when you get home and excitedly go through them!
Of course you can just rely on your smartphone and come home with a bunch of selfies, or ask strangers to take a photo of you at monuments; but let’s face it, the pictures taken by the friendly passer by usually come out blurred and out of focus and half the time you’re cropped out the photo anyway!
NordVPN: Virtual Private Network (VPN) allows you to connect to another network securely. I use NordVPN when I blog from a cafe using their WiFi, watch a YouTube video from a hotel room or watch my favorite show on Netflix when I am traveling overseas. Privacy and secure browsing when you are on the go is very important. Protect all your devices with NordVPN. Read my full review of NordVPN.
To avoid this kind of disappointment, and overcome some of the problems that are inevitable when you are in a new place you can simply hire a vacation photographer.
Who is a Vacation Photographer?
A vacation photographer is a working professional who is based in the location where you are vacationing and can be hired for a fixed amount of time to take photos of you, whether you are travelling solo, as a couple or a family.
A vacation photographer will usually offer a variety of packages that you can choose from that would detail the amount of time and the number of photos they would take.
A vacation photographer is usually a local resident that knows their way around the sites, speaks the local language and can even give you tips and advice about the destination’s highlights, including places to eat and things to see.
Primarily though a vacation photographer is a professional that specializes in accompanying tourists for an agreed amount of time taking photos of them for a fee. This type of on site photoshoot is becoming ever more popular and you can find a top quality vacation photographer in all top tourist destinations as well as in many less frequented places.
What Should You Consider Before Hiring a Vacation Photographer?
Before you spend the money on hiring a vacation photographer you need to decide which of the available packages would suit you best. You could arrange to meet the vacation photographer several times during your trip at different locations so that you get a great selection of shots or you could arrange for them to accompany you for a day, a weekend or even longer!
Remember you can negotiate with a vacation photographer so that if one of their packages isn’t quite right for you then you can come to an arrangement that suits you better.
It will be helpful though if you have a rough idea of some of the places you might want to be photographed at and how many pictures you want to come home with.
Why Hire a Vacation Photographer?
It’s the perennial problem while you’re on holiday – who is going to take the photos and how can we all be in the picture together? We all know the feeling of precariously balancing our camera on a rock while trying to set the self timer and then quickly getting into position before the shutter goes click. And then after all that, someone had their eyes closed in the shot!
Well, this is one very good reason to hire a vacation photographer! When you hire a vacation photographer you can all be in the photos together! However there are many other reasons why you might want to consider hiring a professional vacation photographer besides just getting everyone into the picture.
- When you hire a vacation photographer not only can they take fantastic photos of you and your group but they can also give you top tips about the destination. They can tell you the local secrets and point you in the direction of the hidden gems, whether it’s a restaurant that serves the best seafood in town or a special show at a nearby theatre. A vacation photographer will also know the best times to get photos at certain sights and where the best sunset shots can be taken.
- If you’ve travelled abroad for a unique, once in a lifetime event such as a wedding or anniversary then hiring a vacation photographer is the safest way to capture professional photos of the celebrations. Just like you’d hire a wedding photographer at home, being abroad shouldn’t stop you making use of the skills of an experienced professional to record the highlights of your trip.
- Instead of fussing with a selfie stick, trying to get the right angles and not looking like clueless tourists your vacation photographer can handle the details of the photo and let you concentrate on looking your best! This will let you relax and enjoy our time away without having to drag around a whole bag of camera equipment which can spoil the moment.
- Top quality professionally taken photos will help you save lasting memories of your vacation. Any photo can create a great memory but it makes a massive difference if the photo is really excellent and captures you and your family in the best light. When you hire a vacation photographer you’ll come home with perfectly in focus photos with all the monuments well framed behind you. Photos are often passed down through family generations and a wonderful picture of a relative from the past can be a treasure in future years. You can create these memories today with the help of a vacation photographer.
- Let’s be honest, after you’ve been on vacation somewhere special you want to share the pictures with friends and family and there’s nothing better than having some professionally taken shots to post on social media and send around! Amazing photos can make your friends and family feel like they were there with you and they’ll also remind you of your time away.
- When you’re on vacation you’re unlikely to bring all your photography equipment with you, even if you are a keen photographer! When you hire a vacation photographer they will be working with professional level equipment and have all the right lenses and cameras to take amazing pictures for you. This can take the stress out of being away and help you to be in the moment instead of constantly changing lenses, adjusting light settings and so on!
- Although most people hire a vacation photographer for themselves and their family while they are away you can also hire one for a close friend or relative. If someone you know is going on a special vacation then you can surprise them by hiring a vacation photographer for them! This is a wonderful gift idea that will help them to create great memories of their trip abroad. You can buy them a single photo shoot or hire a photographer for them for the day! It’s a fantastic gift and they’ll never forget your thoughtful present that made their vacation that much more memorable.
A Perfect Picture is Worth a Thousand Words.
Vacations are always a great experience and it’s easy to get caught up in the moment when you’re away and start to feel like it will never end! But when the vacation is over you’ll always want some pictures to look back on and remember the good times together. Hiring a vacation photographer for a photo shoot or a day trip is a wonderful way to create some lasting memories and come home with professional quality photos to treasure and share with those close to you.
Have you hired a vacation photographer?
NOTE: Shoot Philadelphia is supported by readers. Some of the links above are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I may earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. It helps me to continue to offer free content on this site. Visit Affiliate Disclosure page for additional information.
Subscribe below and receive notifications of new posts by email (Your privacy is important to me and I will not market your email ID).